What is ECIP?
The Emergency Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP) is a subset of the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program. It is designed to provide qualifying low-income households with crisis heating and cooling assistance. To be eligible for this assistance a household must meet the LIHEAP program qualifications and be in an energy crisis.
An energy crisis constitutes as needing assistance with any of the following:
- Non-working heating unit (there must be a heating unit present)
- Temporary need for alternate shelter
- Electric portable space heater
- Disconnected from utility service
- Imminent threat of disconnection from utility service
- Empty liquid propane (LP) tank
- LP tank less than 30% remaining
- Window/portable air conditioning unit or repair of existing central air unit, when medically necessary
ECIP operates from October 1 - September 30.