What is LIHEAP?
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is funded by the Department of Health and Human Services through the Iowa Department of Human Rights/DCAA and has been established to help qualifying low-income homeowners and renters in Iowa pay for a portion of their primary heating costs. Assistance is based on several factors, including total household income, household size, dwelling type, heating fuel type, among others.
LIHEAP operates from November 1 - April 30. Priority is given to those aged 60 and over and to those receiving disability payments; those individuals can apply during the month of October.
Please provide the following for proof of household income for last 30 days:
- Past 30 days income
- Check stubs
- Current FIP Statement
- Current Child Support printout for 30 days or yearly (Child Support 712-255-2749)
- Current Title XIX cards
- Social Security statement or printout (Social Security 1-866-338-2859)
- Unemployment printout past 30 days (Iowa Workforce 712-233-9030)
- Veterans benefits (Veteran's Affairs 712-279-6606)
- Federal Income Tax Return for 2019
- Rent receipt or lease with landlord's name, address, and telephone number
- Current heat and electric vendor bills
- Social Security CARDS OF ALL household members
|Household Size||1 Month Gross Income||Annual Income|
Many households that are eligible for LIHEAP will also be qualified for our Weatherization program which helps make homes more energy efficient. To learn more about this program, please click here.
For more information or to schedule a phone appointment
Please call at (712) 274-1610 or 1-800-352-3725