LIHEAP BEGINS OCTOBER 1ST FOR HOUSEHOLDS CONTAINING A MEMBER WHO IS ELDERLY AND/OR DISABLED. ALL OTHER APPLICATIONS WILL BE TAKEN STARTING NOVEMEBR 1ST.
Need Heating Assistance? Call Us at 712-274-1610
What is LIHEAP?
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is funded by the Department of Health and Human Services through the Iowa Department of Human Rights/DCAA and has been established to help qualifying low-income homeowners and renters in Iowa pay for a portion of their primary heating costs. Assistance is based on several factors, including total household income, household size, dwelling type, heating fuel type, among others.
LIHEAP operates from November 1 - April 30. Priority is given to those aged 60 and over or with a disabled person in the household; those households can apply during the month of October.
Please provide the following required documentation:
- Past 30 days income or most recent Federal Income Tax Return
- Check Stubs
- Current Child Support printout for 30 days or yearly (Child Support 712-255-2749)
- Social Security Statement or Award Letter (Social Security 1-866-338-2859)
- Unemployment Printout (Iowa Workforce 712-233-5525)
- Veterans benefits (Veteran's Affairs 712-279-6605)
- Current Heat and Electric Vendor Bills
- Social Security Cards of ALL Household Members
The household's gross income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level, shown below, in order to be eligible for this program.
|Household Size||1 Month Gross Income||Annual Income|
*For households with more than 8 members, add the amount shown for each additional member.
For more information or to schedule a phone appointment
Please call at (712) 274-1610 or 1-800-352-3725
Emergency Crisis Intervention Program (ECIP)
ECIP is a component of LIHEAP that was designed to provide emergency energy assistance to those needing assistance outside of LIHEAP season.
Households that are eligible for LIHEAP are also qualified for our Weatherization program which helps make homes more energy efficient.